Friday, March 28, 2008

For Carrie

Many of you know Carrie and are probably very familiar with her daughters outfits. Just recently Sydney has wanted to pick out her own clothes. She usually does okay. This particular days outfit just reminded me of some of the outfits that Bee picks out for herself. When I told Sydney that it didn't really match, she said "Mom it sure does, it's all stripes." How do you argue with that? We weren't going anywhere so I just let her wear it. Sometimes is just isn't worth the fight.

11 comments:

MommyMert said...

Hey that shows a lot about her confindence. Enjoy it now anyways, soon she will be complaining that she doesnt have anything to wear, etc... I think she looks AWESOME! Those are my favorite days when they dress themselves. Every time you look at them you can giggle. :)

Jamey said...

When Anna picks out something that doesn't match I let her wear it because--she'll probably have an accident in it anyway! Positive thinking, right?

Jenna said...

Matthew likes to pick out his own clothes, too...but surprisingly he actually does a pretty good job matching...usually the worst is long sleeves with shorts or something...but I guess it helps that he's a boy...he mostly only has khakis or jeans...hard to miss... (:

Becky Mutter said...

I LOVE it! Girls are so funny. Do you know if you're having a boy or girl, yet??

Erin said...

Your girls are looking so grown up. I'm glad that you sent me your blog address. About the bumper pads- they are very stiff (they can stand up on their own) and washable, mold-resistant, flame retardant, etc...but the best part is they are pre-cut and will fit any standard-size crib. They are called Fairfield Nu-Foam, you can buy them at Hancock Fabric Store or on-line at www.poly-fil.com, they even come with instructions. Good luck and let me know how it turns out.

Underwood's in Cali said...

It's true... there were a lot of stripes. Aj is getting to the point that he wants to pick out his clothes but it's easy. A bunch of jeans, a few sports pants and a bunch of t-shirts. boys are easy.

Lesley said...

She looks so cute! She looks so grown up! We miss cousin Sydney and Macey! Fortunately I haven't had to deal with this yet but I know it won't be too long! She's right...at least they are both stripes! What a funny girl! Do you know what you are having yet?!!!

Carrie Anne said...

Jennie! This is HILARIOUS because it's EXACTLY something Bee has picked out for the EXACT same reason. I think we own these same pants!:) We've had this conversation SO MANY times...the clothes match because they're all pink (but different shades), dots (totally different colors), stripes, etc. Sometimes Bee will say to me, "I'm choosing clothes that don't match because I'm doing what I want to do!" Oh MAN! My mom says to pick my battles, so sometimes I just have to let it go...but some days I am so mean and I say, "This outfit looks like a clown and we're just not doing that, okay?" We've been late to school and violin the last 3 days due to Bee having to change her clothes and wear "what I want to wear!" Sometimes it drives me insane!:) When can we hang out? Bee would LOVE to play with Sydney I think! Email me and let me know what works for you...can't wait!

Diane said...

Funny girl! Isn't it fun to watch her grow up and get an "opinion"?! I love it!

Marissa said...

I love it! Maleelah is wanting to choose her own outfits now and of course nothing matches! Congrats on the new baby...do you know what you are having? We are having a boy. I am excited and nervous. It will be a big difference from a girl. Hows Utah? Is weston done yet?

Michelle said...

You are a lucky girl to have your due date pushed UP!!! I'm wondering if our little one will come in August, (Dylan was about that early) but not getting my hopes up. Love the comment about a big head - Dylan's head is big too, but don't worry, they grow into it! :) This baby must be a little smaller because at first he was getting November as the due date with the measurements, but in the end it averaged out to Sept. 14th or 15th - THANK GOODNESS!!!!!