Thursday, August 28, 2008

She Has Arrived!!

Hadley Quinn Barney


8-22-08 10:07 am

7 lbs 3 oz

20 in

Daddy with his girls.



Sydney has been the best big sister. She has been so excited to have her sister come home and will sit there for long periods of time just holding her.

This picture was taken the day after we brought her home. She has been a great baby so far. She doesn't really cry, she kind of squeals. She will be really quiet and then let out this squeal and then silence again. Let's hope that it lasts. For the most part we are doing well, we have had a bit of a problem with jaundice and so we have to take her back every 48 hrs to retest, but nothing else. She sleeps great, eats great and poops great. Everything your new born should do right?!?




She has the darkest hair out of my girls, but she also has the least amount.

As for the labor, there really isn't much to tell, I went in Friday morning at 5:30 am, they started me on the pitocin at 6:30 and said that I was to a 3. The doctor came in and broke my water at 8:00 and said that I was at a 3. At this point I was really regretting having them start me a week early. I thought that I was going to be there all day. Anyway, he broke my water and I got my epidural soon after that. It of course only worked on one side (typical for me). As soon as the anesthesiologist came back to fix it, and gave me an extra dose, the nurse checked me and I was complete and ready to push. Was the epidural worth it? Ask the left side and I am sure you will get a resounding "YES" ask the right and you will get something more like "what epidural?". At least it was quick. In the end I was glad that we had done it that day. Weston didn't have to work and I think that if I had gone into labor on my own and it happened to be a day that he worked(he commutes about 1 hr 15 min), he wouldn't have made it in time. We are glad that she is here and healthy(for the most part). It has been really nice living with my mom and she has been a great help to me especially with having to go back to the hospital every other day. Thanks mom!

25 comments:

Brandi said...

Congratulations! We have been wondering if she had arrived yet. Glad that things are going okay and that labor was quick! Your girls are cuties! Take it easy!

Aimee said...

Congrats! I can't wait to meet her! You guys make the cutest kids. You're too lucky!

MommyMert said...

Hooray! Congrats girl! I was wondering if you had her. You all look so wonderful!

Carrie Anne said...

CONGRATULATIONS! I'm glad things went well...bummer about the jaundice, but it'll go away soon!!! David had those lights for so many days! Sleep her by a window with the sun coming in. LOve the name, too.:) keep us posted!

Jamie said...

Congrats! I just tried calling you yesterday to see if you had her! I am so happy for you. She looks like your other girls:) I love all her dark hair, very cute! Her name is very cute too. We have a niece named Hadley that is Keaton's age. Any way, congrats to all your family. I hope things are going good for you!

Stacy said...

Congrats! She is so darn cute.

Erin said...

She is so cute! Congratulations! We are so happy for you and your family. Hope you are getting some sleep! =)

Michelle said...

Congrats! She is super cute! I can't believe how dark her hair is! Love the name! :)

Jenna said...

Congratulations! I remember my "half" epidural...quite interesting...but you're right, it's better with half then with nothing!

Marissa said...

Congrats you guys!She is so cute!

~*Paty*~ said...

Congrats! She looks beautiful! Can't wait to see her in person!

Emily said...

Congrats Jennie! She is SO beautiful!!! Keep us updated with lots of pics!

The Shelton Family said...

Yeah...she is here! Love the hair!

Jessica said...

That is so exciting. Congratulations. I love the name Hadley as well. We live right behind the outlets off the 123rd. When things settle down for you we should definitely get together.

Ann Anderson said...

Congrats you guys!! Those August 22nd birthdays are the best!! I cannot believe the hair, and that your other two had more. I hope all goes well with the adjustment and recovery.

Courtney said...

Congrats!! What a beautiful little girl!

Skinner Family said...

She is gorgeous. Congratulations. I am so glad to hear everything went pretty well. I hope to see ya guys soon and Brent will be glad to hear she was born on his birthday!!!! Take Care!!!

Lindsay said...

Congrats again, Weston & Jennie! She's beautiful!

Jamey said...

Your whole family looks great and Hadley is beautiful!

Brooke said...

congrats Jennie on the new baby girl. I am glad you found our blog. It's fun to see your's too. Good luck with the three and congrats on graduation!

Diane said...

Congratulations! Wow, three cute little girls! She is absolutely perfect! Can't wait for updates! Take care of yourself.

Underwood's in Cali said...

Congrats! I am so excited for you and your house of curls:) You are such a trooper- especially the right side :p email me your address when you get a sec- thanks!

Lesley said...

Very cute! Congrats you guys! She is beautiful! We are thrilled to have another cute neice/cousin to play with! Can't wait to see her in December! I love the picture of your 3 girls!

Aaron & Sara Warren said...

Hooray! Glad to hear it all went well. Whenever I think of the fact that I have two girls, I think of you, as I think you may be the only one I know with two girls first. Anyway, then I think about what I might have next and you know what? I think I'd actually be pretty happy with another girl. I can sure tell that you guys are! You all look great!

Karli Barney said...

Congratulations! I was so excited to find your blog! You have such darling girls and Nate and I can't wait to meet Hadley! Tell Sydney and Macey hi for us! Hopefully we'll be up for the blessing! I just started a blog for Nate and I if you want to check it out nateandkarlibarney@blogspot.com! Hope all is well! We can't wait to see you guys!