Wednesday, January 02, 2008

Catching up...

The month of December sure seems to fly right by doesn't it. Weston and I spent some time in California (he took a test and I played) and after that, I am not sure where the time went. Here are some of the activities that kept us hopping this month:

I had just bought a fake tree for this year when my mother-in-law called and asked us if we wanted a real tree. They had been our cutting one for them and got one for us as well. I love real trees so I took the fake one back the very next day. She was even kind enough to bring us some decorations (mine were in Provo). We didn't get very many on the tree, what you see is about all that we did, because Macey just couldn't leave them alone. She even went so far as to suck all of the green off of one of the balls. That child, you would think that she has just about grown out of that stage!!
We went to a Christmas Tree Festival. It was really fun and the girls loved it. They had all kinds of activities like cookie decorating, story time, real princesses and Santa was even there, but neither of my girls wanted to sit on his lap. The gladly took the candy cane he offered though.

Our next venture with Santa came a couple of days later at the Jensen family Christmas party (Weston's side). Sydney was okay with it, but Macey still was a little hesitant. It was fun, he brought a gift for all of the little kids and even for some bigger ones too.

We spent a couple of days before Christmas with my parents and the girls got to open their Gifts from Grandma&Grandpa Huff. They got spoiled. Both of them received little people sets and had a blast.Christmas morning was spent at Weston's parents. Sydney got everything she asked for, more littlest pet shop stuff and a baby for Macey so that she could leave hers alone.
Weston's mom always has the table covered in all kinds of good treats to snack on throughout the day. We just happened to look over and catch Macey as she prepared to help herself. You can't see it very good, but she has got the biggest smile on her face.

I can safely say that we had a successful holiday season. I hope that all of you were spoiled as rotten as we were.

12 comments:

Lindsay said...

I can't believe Macey is still putting things in her mouth!!!!! Haha! That would be a nightmare around here since we have lots of toys with trillions of tiny pieces now! Thank goodness Gavin doesn't put anything in his mouth but food! I'm glad you guys had a good Christmas! :)

Stacy said...

Yea, we are pretty spoiled. Looks like you guys were busy like the rest of us. Happy New Year!

Michelle said...

I like the new look. Looks like you guys had a blast! It was fun to see you for a split second on your trip back to CA. Sure do miss you guys!

Lesley said...

Looks like you had a great Christmas! Cute pictures! Thanks so much for Cities and Knights! We were so excited!! That was so nice of you guys! Jared loved it! We had a nice Christmas but it went by too fast. It's always nice to be back home though. Thanks for the birthday wishes! Happy New Year to the Barneys!!! We love you!

Trenda said...

I read your comment on Lindsay's blog about Macey wanting whatever Cade has . . . that is exactly how Ambree is! It is so annoying! Looks like you guys had fun! Are you going to Cali in Feb. for block lectures? I think I am with no kids this time! If you go we should get together!

Carrie Anne said...

Those girls are so dang cute! It looks like you did have a very fun Christmas! That is awesome! I love real trees, too! Aren't they the best?

Aaron & Sara Warren said...

We were spoiled too and I'll be working on my catch-up blog shortly. I was just too intrigued to see what everyone else has been up to this past week plus that I didn't check things out. Already learned that Tricia had her baby. A lot happens in one week, eh?

Aimee said...

You guys are so cute.

Are you still looking at that practice in SLC? What's the status on that?

Diane said...

Thanks for checking in on me. I'm doing much better...the drugs have helped and I will probably be able to stay out of rehab unless I seriously abuse them.

Looks like you had a great Christmas! Those kids of yours are so cute, I could just squeeze them! Love ya!

Jenna said...

Sounds fun! Merry Christmas!

Becky Mutter said...

How fun! Your girls are SOOO cute! I love that you can see the mountains right out the window in that last picture. I really MISS that! SO gorgeous!

MommyMert said...

That smile is hilarious! Haha... Awesome!