Friday, January 30, 2009

November/December update

And I am finally caught up....sort of.

We spent the first part of Nov. celebrating birthdays. My mom, my brother, my grandma, Weston's dad and his great aunt all have birthdays in November. The only one that I took any pictures at was Weston's great aunt. We all got together in Las Vegas to celebrate her 90th birthday. Happy Birthday Aunt Mavis!


















On the 7th of November, my little brother returned home from Hawaii where he served a two year mission for our church. On the 9th we had his homecoming. I don't have pictures, of course. Thanksgiving followed at once again, I forgot the camera. It was nice, we went to Richfield to be with Weston's family. I think that after this things calmed down for a second and then with the beginning of December it started to really pick up again.
Some of you may remember that Macey was born with a large mole on the top of her head. At the recommendation of a Dermatologist, we decided to go ahead and have the mole removed along with a smaller one on the back of her head. It was an out patient surgery, but boy was it an ordeal. For those of you who have really weak stomachs, you will want to not look at the next pictures.



This is our cute Macey before the surgery and at the beginning of our 3 hr wait before they took her back.











And this is what our sweet Macey looked like when they brought her back to us. She had a really hard time coming out of the anesthesia and just cried and cried. It broke my heart. And then to see the cuts that were made, I thought that we had made a mistake.











This last picture is the first day that we
were able to wash her hair and you can really get an idea of how big her incisions were.













December was a busy month for Hadley, she learned how to sit up, stand in her dads hand and she weighed in at a whopping 16 1/2 lbs. She has got the biggest thighs that I have ever seen on a 5 mth old. But we love every little roll.












The rest of December held the usual festivities, My birthday (31), family Christmas parties and visits to Santa Claus. Sydney didn't have a problem with sitting on Santa's lap, but Macey would have nothing to do with it. And then there is Christmas of course. My brother and his family stayed with us and the little girls had a blast for the most part.

















Waiting to see if Santa really made it.



And they weren't disappointed. (This is not all for the girls. :) )

















8 comments:

MommyMert said...

Look at those chunky legs... haha... Love them. Poor M's head. :( Hooray for Santa!! Missed your bloggin'

Courtney said...

I totally know that sick, post-surgery feeling. It is awful. Glad you all survived!
Any chance that you guys are coming to St. George still?? We'd love to hook up with you when you come down!

Haley said...

As always it was so great to see you guys. It never happens often enough. That was a huge cut. I hope she's feeling better, and what a trooper. Yes, those are big thighs, but oh so cute. My family can't get over Westons trick with Hadley, just "BE CAREFUL WESTON".

Joseph and Amy Katschke said...

I love to see what you guys are up to. I can't believe how much Macey looks like Syd did when we used to watch her. The kids have a babysitter named Sydney and any time we have her over they talk about your Sydney. Miss you guys!
Ps. I am finally going to respond to the tag you put on. Sorry I am so slow!

Cindy said...

My Hailey could give Hadley a run for the money on the chunkiest thighs! But honestly who doesn't love a chunky baby!

Aimee said...

I know I seem like a broken record, but you have the cutest family! I will forever be jealous! I noticed you tagged me on a hubby tag? lol. Don't you think I'd tell you if I got married? I would...I promise!

Michelle said...

LOVE the thighs! Kinzi's got 'em too. Poor Macey... I hope she's doing better!

Carrie Anne said...

yes...those are the biggest thighs EVER! oh man i love them! i just want to squeeze squeeze squeeze like i do to baby david! fun times catching up! oh...james' audition...went fine, didn't win..blah blah blah! oh well...we're looking to rent a house around here for the short term...then i'll have another midlife crisis & see where we go next! how about you guys?