Sunday, August 12, 2007

Our Little Monkeys

Weston and I needed a little break, so we headed down south and dropped the girls off at his parents house. We stayed in the Cedar Breaks Lodge at Brian Head Ski Resort near Cedar City Utah. We took some time out from relaxing to look for housing while we are there on our rotation after California. We didn't have much luck. Everyone told us to check back when it gets closer.
Anyway, while we were gone our two little girls(made of sugar and spice and everything nice) learned how to climb. Sydney already knew, but my little Macey now thinks that she can do what the big girls do. I am just dreading the day when she can climb out of her crib. At the rate she is doing everything else, it will probably be soon. Why do kids have to grow up so quickly? Thank you Terry and Pauline for watching them. They both really enjoyed their time with you. And Weston and I both really enjoyed our time away. I would recommend getting away to anyone who has small children. Even just for a night.


Macey got here all by herself. She only had problems when she got to the top and had to turn around. What a stinker!!!

6 comments:

Trenda said...

Good for you guys!! I agree that it is necessary for couples to get away when they have small children. Whenever we do, we are always saying, "wow, this is sooo nice . . ." over and over again! I think Ambree will always be trying to catch up to Macy! She just started walking and now Macy's climbing! Ha!

Lesley said...

I am glad you guys were able to have a fun couple days alone! That is the best and needed sometimes! Good for you! I have heard that Brian Head is really nice and that it is so pretty there! How fun! Your girls are so cute! I can't believe Macey climed up that slide by herself! WOW! I think it's a matter of time and she is out of the crib! :)

Lindsay said...

How fun that you got to go overnight without kids! We've never done that in our 4.5 years of being parents!!! Soon, though, after graduation! I can't wait to see the girls again! I have a climber too, you know (Gavin), and surprisingly, he's never even lifted a leg up in his crib, thank goodness!

We had Weston over for dinner tonight and it was good to chat with him again. I'm anxious for you to get back too!!! :)

Aaron & Sara Warren said...

That picture of you both is so cute! It's very much a "Ahhh...we're out on our own." I love it! You guys look great! I haven't been overnight without Abby yet. Not sure when I'm going to get the courage yet, but a night away does sound VERY nice.

Diane said...

Good for you...a day and night away from little ones is a must now and then. I can't believe how much your girls have grown!! So you'll be in Southern Utah for while? I can't keep up with you guys! love ya!

Carrie Anne said...

Hey! It's Carrie Rhodes! I just started my blog last week: www.furnamom.blogspot.com
It's so fun to see all of these pictures! So you're in CA now but soon coming back to UT? We're in Alpine now, so when you come back we must play with each other! Macey looks so much like Sydney to me! So cute! I hope things are going well.