I just realized (even though people have been telling me that it has been a while) that I haven't posted anything since we moved back to California. Maybe that says something about the move. I will get to that on another post. First off, despite all the problems, we LOVE being back. We knew that we would miss our friends but you never realize how much until you're gone. I just thought I would review the summer and let all of those who were not around see some of the things that we were up to.
Loads of family, friends and fun!!!
Sydney made lots of new friends. There was one boy in particular that she would ask to play with often. His name is Drew and he is the one in the sandbox. She also liked to play with Paige (Swimming) and Eliza (trampoline).
Our neighbor has a peach tree and said that we could use all of the peaches if we wanted to. So, we spent a few days canning peaches and making jam. It was alot of work, but we are sure enjoying the "fruits" of our labor. I'm funny!
.jpg)
Sydney was able to take swimming lessons at the public pool right by my mom's house. The first couple of days she completely freaked out and I didn't think that we were even going to finish out the session. By the third day she was enjoying every minute of them and would ask me at the end if I saw her do all of the tricks.
.jpg)
.jpg)
We celebrated a couple of birthdays and passed a few milestones. Sydney turned 3 yrs old and Macey turned the BIG 1. She also learned how to use her fork, how to say please and more in sign language, wave, climb up and down the stairs ( and everything else, all day everyday), and numerous other things that one year olds learn.
.jpg)
.jpg)
And last but not least, Lots and Lots of family. This was definetly one of the best things about being back in Utah. The girls were able to spend time with family on both sides. We loved being there and appreciate all that you do for us. Thank You!!
.jpg)
Daxton, Sydney, and Kyson. Uncle Scott
.jpg)
Grandad, Grams and Grandma Huff
.jpg)
Daxton, Sydney, and Kyson. Uncle Scott
.jpg)
Grandad, Grams and Grandma Huff
Making cookies with Grandpa Huff
Macey eating Grandpa Barney's
snow cone on the 4th of July.
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
6 comments:
Looks like a fun-filled Summer!
Good to see some new pics! It is nice being by family and having that extra help with kids, and yes Jennie you are funny! "Fruits" of our labors! HA HA!
We're glad you're back too! But I can't even believe that we're just a short 6 weeks from parting for good! Looks like you guys had lots of fun this summer with new friends and family.
Yeah! I am so glad that you posted! Fun summer! I am so glad that we were able to see you guys over the summer. Glad that you are all moved in and settled at least for a little bit. Sydney and Macey are so cute! Your peaches and jam looks delicious! Way to go!
Yea! New pics. You have the cutest girls! Aren't girls a blast! Lucie is 3 months old and I love it already! I am so jealous of your peaches! They look fabulous. And yes, you are halarious!
Gosh, I haven't seen canning bottles since I lived in Utah. I remember that ritual! I "loved" canning peaches! Hard to believe I know...but I did! Looks like a fun summer. I'm glad to see new pics of the fam. Audrey is gone now??? Boy that office must be totally different. I miss the good ol' days of lunch on Wednesdays. I'll have to do a post about my short-lived job once it's completely over. (yes I'm still there...but not for long.) Great post! Looks like you had a fun summer. Take care..love ya!
Post a Comment