Wednesday, July 15, 2009

You know it's been to long when....

you look at other blogs and you don't even show up on the list of blogs they view because you haven't had an update.
Where do I begin? It has been so long, that I don't know whether I should go back or just start with now. The problem with starting from now is that I don't really have anything exciting to post. Dilemmas... if only this were my only problem in life right?!!?
I think that I will just highlight a couple of things that have happened in the past few months. April is where my blogging world kind of took a back seat. Not only did not much happen, but about the only excitement in our lives were Dr's visits at least once a week. It all started with Macey and a cold/cough that ended in an ear infection then Hadley had double ear infections and an allergic reaction to the penicillin (pics following). Macey followed with yet another ear infection (or possibly the same one) and ended up leaving with 3 different meds including an inhaler since she now had pneumonia. It was baby's turn again with a scary episode of the croup and sharing sisters inhaler. Macey's cough never got better and we headed back in for yet another inhaler added to the already mounting number of meds that she was on. I think that after this last visit things started to clear up. In between many of these visits we also had well checks for all three girls. Sydney had her kindergarten check-up and was deemed healthy for school. She was only slightly nervous about the shots and only asked about a hundred times if this was "the lady" that was going to do it. Poor thing. Well, at least one of them is healthy enough for something!!! We seem to have gotten over the worst of it and for the time being everyone is healthy (Knocking on wood)!
On the positive side, Weston got a job working for Hoopes Vision in Sandy and no longer has to go to work at Standard Optical. He now enjoys work and is much happier with this change of employment.





Even when she is sick she is a happy baby.

























May proved to be a much better month for us with a couple of fun things. Sydney turned FIVE and had her first friend party. She really wanted a dress-up party and try as I might, I could not convince her of anything else. This isn't such a bad thing except that everything I could find for a dress-up party was geared toward girls and half of the party guests would be boys. We decided that it was okay and had everyone come dressed up in their favorite costume. It really turned out fun and it was great to see all the different costumes. We played a couple of games and then the kids got to sink captain hooks ship and followed the clues to the hidden treasure. The water balloons used to sink the "ship"(a hula hoop taped to the wall of the house) were probably the hit of the party. Over all it was a hit, but I sure was tired after the 13 party guests left. Thank you to Weston and the moms that helped, I don't think it would have gone as smoothly without you.
















This is our little Pebbles. She hates the grass so when you sit her in it, this is the way that she sits. Pretty funny to see. Think of the ab workout she is getting.


We were also able to spend a couple of days in Richfield with Weston's parents. The girls had a blast as always and on this trip they were even able to ride the horses. I think that this was Macey's first time. Grandpa Barney even taught them how to do the cowgirl wave. It is hard to see, but it's the best picture I had.

7 comments:

MommyMert said...

HooRAYYYY!!! Its a Barney Update! Happy DAY! Love those your beautiful girls. Glad you are doing ok. :)

Handsfullmom said...

Nice to see you blogging -- awesome about Weston's job! I hope the commute isn't too bad. Sydney looks adorable in her dress; too bad we were gone for the party.

And Hadley's little acrobatics sitting in the grass had me grinning.

Jenna said...

Nice to hear from you again! The girls are growing up so fast! My youngest, Kyle, just turned one year old...can you believe it?!

Lindsay said...

Ahhhh, I can go to bed now! Wowza your girls are so grown up! Hadley looks just like Sydney (and Weston). I love that pic of her holding her legs up in the grass, silly girl! It was so great talking to you last night! :)

Michelle said...

Welcome back! I have missed you. You poor thing... I can't believe all that sicky yuck you had to deal with! Okay... so I love that pic. of Hadley on the grass! I love her chunk! She is giving Kinzi a run for her money. Congrats on the new job... bet that feels good!

Jamey said...

Cute! I'm glad that you survived all of that! Welcome back to the blogging world:-)

Underwood's in Cali said...

Hi!!! You should be a pro with ear infections by now- I can't believe the luck you've had in that dept. So do you live in Sandy now? If so, that's not that far from Cedar hills. I can't believe you have a kindergartner- how crazy is that.